Innovation through Analysis
BY MICHAEL J CRITELLI
- Think metaphorically
- Revisit ideas that may not have worked before
- Benchmark to gain insights, not to copy best practices
- Mine anecdotal data for insights and get behind the numbers, particularly outlier anecdotal data
- Explore situations as an outsider and look for deeply ingrained habits that are “tacit” and no longer presented.
- Bring a “beginner’s mind” to every problem
- Always remember that “every problem is an opportunity and every opportunity is a problem.”
- Always have the innovators and executors at the table, and listen to both.
- Rigorously test new ideas, even the most promising. Learn from failure.